Thursday, November 06, 2008

Coffee, coffee, coffee

This post is primarily for my sister. Why? Because she will be shocked. Joyously shocked at something new to tease me about.

I have, over the last few weeks, been increasingly drawn to a simple cup of coffee. While this may seem normal to most people, I have never been a coffee person. An iced mocha from Starbucks now and then. If it was really really cold (a rare occasion in my neck of the woods), maybe a Peppermint Mocha. I have never been one to crave a cup o’ joe in the morning.

But lately, the idea of it has been intoxicating. Just the other day, as I toasted my pumpkin bagel, I dug into my husbands coffee stash looking for the one pod not labeled “jet fuel” or something similar. I took my first sip and my husband stepped into the kitchen. His mouth fell open in speechless wonder. My husband being speechless is really something. I just don’t drink coffee in the morning.

Maybe it’s part of getting older. Maybe it’s the added stress in my life. Whatever it is, I’ve made the first step into the world of coffee drinkers. I know I’ll be welcomed with open, if somewhat jittery, arms.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Welcome. You're going to love it!!!!!!!!
Remember, coffee paid for a lot of the fun we had in our lifetime!

Miche said...

Ahhh...Folgers. It warms my heart.

Anonymous said...

i'm dumbfounded...really? you? coffee? speechless...i'm totally bereft of verbiage!

Anonymous said...

try again
i'm speechless. totally bereft of words...
wow...