Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Tag you're it. ABC meme

Like I said...two in two days. It's fun though.

Accent: I suppose I have a California accent since I live here. Though I don't really know what that would sound like. If I talk to anyone with even a hint of a southern accent I immediately pick it up. After summers in OK the word y'all would be stuck for a while. Still creeps in on occasion.

Book I like: Changed this to just book because it's broader. My current favorite book is The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffengger (positive I've spelled that wrong). Starts off a bit sci-fi which I don't normally like, but it is really a beautiful love story. East of Eden & Of Mice & Men by John Steinbeck are at the top of my list too.

Chore I don't care for: Cleaning the bathtub. Is there an easy way to do this? One that doesn't involve getting on my knees on the bathroom floor? Hard work.

Dog or Cat: Not a fair question. I love them both. I have cats and I can't have a dog right now. Much like people, it depends on their personality. I haven't ever met a cat or dog that didn't like me though.

Essential Electronics: I suppose none of them are essential, humans have lived with out them for centuries. BUT, being the modern girl I am, I must have my MP3 player at work to tune out the girl that sits next to me. She sings, off key, in spanish, all day long. If she's not singing off key she talks nonstop. A bit distracting. Also...must have my curling iron. Because, if I can't have my hairdryer, at least I can let my crazy hair (trust me..it's crazy) dry naturally then straighten/curl it with the iron.

Favorite cologne: Romance by Ralph Lauren

Gold or Silver: White Gold or Platinum.

Handbag I carry most often: I change it a lot. I once had a great green leather satchel with hot pink linen lining. I LOVED IT. But something spilled on it and it was never the same again. Started to smell bad so I had to get rid of it. I will spend the rest of my shopping days hoping to find it's equal.

Insomnia: Sometimes. Tonight...yes.

Job Title: Underwriter for mortgage loans. Thrilling isn't it.

Kids: My sweet lovey. Boy...just turned 12

Living arrangements: Living in the crummiest, cheapest rent we could find, house in the nicest neighborhood. I live in a small quiet village in the foothills. No stop lights. Median house price is 1 million though, so I think I'll keep renting my crummy house for a while.

Most admirable trait: Don't know really. Something someone else should answer. I am an incredibly loyal person. I'm like a dog that way. I also have the ability

Naughtiest childhood behavior: My sister and I were pretty good. I don't know that I was every really that naughty. I did take my sisters things without asking. Although I'm sure my bossy sister will have something else to say about this subject.

Overnight hospital stays: Just two.

Phobias: Used to be spiders, but I'm pretty much over that, except for really big ones. Living in the foothills where spiders are EVERYWHERE will cure you fast. Still terrified of bees and wasps. Just thinking about the sound makes me nauseous (SP?)

Quote: There are so many I like. I have several of my favorites hung up in my cubicle at work. Working in a cubicle..sometimes you need some inspiration.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world" Mahatma Gandhi. I will forever try to live up to this.

"If you cannot be the poet, be the poem", David Carradine. Sit and think on this one and it becomes beautiful.

"The best portion of a good man's life: his little, nameless, unrememberd acts of kindness and love" William Wordsworth.


Religion: None. For me, faith is enough.

Siblings: Okay...here's something that really touches me. I grew up with just my sister. I love her madly and I am thankful everyday for her. I can't imagine life without her and pray that when our time comes we can pass within hours of each, so that I never have to exist without her. She has always been enough. She married a man that was made for her. He has somehow learned to survive the two of us. He is my brother, and I'm blessed to have him.

Then I married a man with 4 brothers and 6 sisters (before you start thinking his parents were crazy...1 brother & 2 sisters are "steps") From those 10 brothers & sisters I now have an additional 4 brother & sisters in law. I went from 1 lovely sister to having 16 brothers and sisters! Talk about overwhelming.

Of those 16 people, 3 brothers have passed away. I was only fortunate enough to know one of them, but he was an incredibly special person. I miss him everyday. I'm crying now, just thinking of his smiling face. I have grown very close to 3 of my "new" sisters. They are incredibly unique from each other, but all loving and kind. I'm glad to have them.
Time I wake up:

Unusual talent or skill: Oh I don't know. There are 26 of these questions. I can't guess what my unusual talent is. :)

Vegetable I refuse to eat: Okra. Too many summers spent forcing it down out of courtesy to older relatives. I know avoid it at all costs. Brussle sprouts are bad too.

X Rays: Just once.

Yummy stuff I cook: Apple pecan cheesecake. Boston cream cheesecake. Mushroom mashed potatoes. Fried chicken. Dad Salad (pasta & tuna). Chicken enchiladas. Pasta Fagiole.

Zoo animal I like most: Zoos make me sad. I do love the chimpanzees & apes though. Just recently spent over an hour each watching the Gorillas then the orangutan at the San Diego zoo.

Okay..that was enough for one day. I'm pooped now!

3 comments:

tam said...

You too were naughty! You wrote on the walls constantly...I can still remember the turkey you drew in Glendora!

And you DID take my stuff without asking! How Rude!

And I am NOT bossy anymore, unless you make me!

And your house isn't crummy it's just falling apart.

Admirable traits...hmmm, yes, loyalty is one, you see humor and lightness in difficult moments in a good way, you love deeply, oh probably lots more but it's late!

Talents? Good grief girl...writing, drawing, being a good mom, a hard worker and you are very SMART!

kpjara said...

Hey, you're back! You've been gone long enough to be posting WAY more than just 2...no I'm not yelling at you!

Okay, let me just say I LOVE that quote: "If you cannot be the poet, be the poem!" It's going to be one of my NEW favorite's and also going in my office/previous exam room/12 x 6 cubicle-esque/I'm-not-bitter-about-it space. Maybe it'll remind me...this is a job...not my destiny!

Back on track...cleaning the bathtub...hmmm...how bout taping something to your feet and hands and doing some sort of cleaning dance in there. Can you tell this is a chore my husband does?

My sister has somehow convinced her children to clean it before they exit it when they shower?? I don't know how, but they are adamant about it.

Miche said...

Sissy..I love it when you say Good Grief.

kpjara..Ok..your post seals it...you are just like my sister. Closing with "I'm not yelling at you" is exactly as she would. :)