Sunday, October 08, 2006

I woke up with a stranger!

Ohmygosh! This morning I woke up to a stranger. For over 20 years my husband Chas has had a mustache. I've never NEVER seen him without one. Other than in pictures of course. I've known him for 14 years and he's had a beard for most of that time. For the last year or so, my neighbor Irish & I have been teasing, gently prodding him into shaving it off. Just to see what he looked like. He always laughed and said no. I truly never believed he would do it. But this morning, while I lay sleeping. He did.

I was deep asleep. I felt him kiss my cheek but was so asleep it just barely woke me. Then I heard him say "You didn't notice anything different?"

"What?" I said, somewhat grogily. I opened my eyes and this is what I saw...


I was shocked I tell you. Shocked! I cannot believe how different he looks with out the facial hair. He looks like his brother Flash! It's a about 2 hours later and I'm still shocked by it. Both that he actually did it, and how he looks. He's had the mustache so very long that his upper lip is white from lack of exposure to the sunlight. Now that's funny. He walked into our neighborhood Starbucks this morning and the girls behind the counter (who know him well, he's there every day) couldn't believe their eyes. Lovey spent the night at a friends house. He is going to flip out when he sees his dad! For a man who likes to be the center of attention, he sure has a full week ahead of himself.

Now, onto the events of last evening, the country club dinner following the 3 day golf tournament Chas participated in. Even after wonderful suggestions to which dress I should wear to this "classy casual" event, I choose to go a different route. Mostly because both dresses presented a clea*age problem. The V neck line dipped a wee bit further than I'm comfortable with and adding a lacy camisole underneath to help the problem, just didn't look right with either dress. So, being that casual was part of the dress code for the night, I wore a typical work outfit for me. Gray flannel dress capries, a sheer black crinkle blouse with black camisole underneath & my favorite stack heeled mary janes. I was comfortable and looked nice. We had Irish take some pictures but they really didn't turn out all that well. My husband & I felt that I looked a lot better in person than the photos showed. My hair was curled & shiny, my make-up was just right, and this is something I rarely say, I thought I looked pretty. (I've tried about 4 times now to upload a picture, blogger says it's done, but it never appears.)

It was a beautiful evening last night. Just the right temperature, and a breath taking harvest moon. Our host, the man that invited Chas to play the tournament with him, didn't show up to dinner so we really didn't know anyone. Chas knew a few people, but just from playing golf with them. So we ate dinner, had some dessert and went home. Not a very exciting evening, but that's alright.

2 comments:

tam said...

oh-my-word does not come even remotely in the area of the disbelief that came with the foreknowledge of this photo...NOR, (should be in giant letters) NOR does it cover the expression of my face as I see Chas

SANS facial hair???!!!!

WOO! Like the woo they do on the "Dew" commericials!

He is astonishingly similar in looks to Flash! Yet, still so very very very Chas!

Who knew a mustache and a goatee could disguise so much?

Can't wait to hear what Lovey Boy said!!! Did!!! Looked like when seeing his Dad!!!!

the new look!!??? Oh! so very very cute cute cute...love it!

You did SO GOOD!

Not technical my...well...nevermind..must have Some decorum!!!

kpjara said...

I have NO idea what your hubs looked like WITH facial hair...but I like it!