Friday, August 22, 2008

Angel speak


angel BW 2
Originally uploaded by Pierre the III
Have you ever been in a conversation and said something that surprised you both in the beauty of the words and the beauty of the meaning? I have, and just experienced it again a few minutes ago.

While sitting at lunch talking with some co-workers, a woman I've worked on and off with for over 10 years was talking about an experience with a homeless man. Her question was "Why do they always come to me?"

Without thinking, without pausing, I said..."Maybe you have wings that only the needy can see."

As soon as it was out of my mouth, I was stuck by the words. I've posted before about my own experience with a homeless man and my feeling that he was an angel. Perhaps I haven't thought it through to the end. Maybe, just sometimes, we are the angel that someone else needs.

1 comment:

tam said...

wow. that was a profound one.



(see...there it is again...the "wow". you just require that word lately.)