Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Am Thankful

The pressure or life has been hard lately, as it can be for all of us, and I think it's time to count my blessings. Today, I'm feeling the need to be thankful.

I am thankful for.....

My husband-That we have survived over 15 years together and we truly love each other more today than we ever have before. How lucky I am to have found him.

My beautiful son-He is growing into such a kind, funny, intelligent man. He is a gift to me.

My sister-What can I say about her? Where would I be without her guidance and support? To quote AA Milne (as Winnie The Pooh) "If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you."

My niece & nephews-There is a love from them that is unlike any other love I've ever experienced. They are my joy.

My brother in law G-If given the chance, I couldn't have picked a better husband for my sister.


My grandparents-There aren't words enough....
My husbands family-There are so many of them! I've gained new siblings and new friends. They love and support me unconditionally. They are exactly what I needed.

Old friends-Becoming new.

Employment-For now, at least I have it.

Starbucks Venti Iced Black Tea with extra ice-A girl has needs!

Figi Water-Water should always taste this good.

Hawaii-It's called paradise for a reason.

Dogs-Just about any dogs. Although I have a few favorites.

My town-As crazy as it can be, it is slow and peaceful.

My mountains-Part of why I love my town.
The Sequoia National Forest-This is heaven to me.

Bird songs-They wake me every morning.

Lexi-Dot-She is crazy. She is 100% cat, but she is a great conversationalist.

Memories-Good and bad-they made me who I am.

Prayer-Nothing has given me more peace than the simple act of praying.


What are you thankful for today?

3 comments:

kpjara said...

Great list!

I'm thankful for health and an imagination.

tam said...

wow. k. using that word often in response to your posts.

this is truly a great post. thx for listing me and the wee ones.

we all love you too.

thankful for sisters who are truly great friends and great family and would be chosen by me as both if i could have chosen.

thankful for a GOD who LOVES me and gives me the best of everything.

thankful for my husband who also gives me the best of everything...mostly himself.

thankful for my children who force me out of my comfort zone daily and have made me a better woman.

p.s. music is great

tam said...

so asome.....and true at the same time!(thanks for adding me!)i think i'm thankful for a family, a home, music,(oh yah!) but most of all people that care.... love, your niece