Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Dream


Forest Stream
Originally uploaded by (stacker)
I had one of those dreams last night that, so far, is staying with me. I was in the middle of a forest. In my mind it was Lytle Creek where we camped when I was little but it didn't really look like Lytle Creek. There was a waterfall, and a wide stream. Tall trees and wild flowers were everywhere. Next to the stream was a beautiful cottage with a low porch and big picture windows. Inside, the house was filled with rustic painted furniture. It was overcrowded with tables of every kind. The red velvet couch my Aunt Kibby had was there too. It was a rambling cottage that seemed to go on and on. I was confused when I entered the house. I was barefoot and wearing a long flowing cotton nightgown. From different doorways I saw my Great Grandma Tag, Aunt Kibby, Nanny (my fathers mother), my Grammy (who is the only one of these woman still alive) and for some reason Myrtle-a woman my great grandmother used to clean for. A woman that I only met a few times and that passed away when I was very very young. It seemed she was "in charge". All of the woman were also barefoot and wearing cotton nightgowns. I don't remember any conversations but I do remember being confused and wanting to know what I, and everyone else was doing there. I remember running from room to room trying to "catch" one of the woman for help. Finally, I sat on the red couch with my Grandma Tag looking at old pictures. Pictures that didn't make sense because all of these woman were together and young in the photos. I stepped outside into the sharp, glaring sunlight then at the water shinning so brightly that it blinded me. My alarm clock sounded I was awake. The dream lost.

2 comments:

kpjara said...

Okay, it seems this dream is full of meaning! WOW...a lot to think about.

Jen said...

I believe it was all of the women to whom you look(ed) for guidance are guiding you through a transitional period in your life. The photo albums are to show you how much you are like them.